Joondalup Little Athletics Centre
The 2018/2019 summer season will commence in September. Visit our Winter Competition page for information on Cross Country and Race Walking.
Joondalup Little Athletics Centre is seeking a willing candidate for the vacant Chairperson position. For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chairperson will oversee the management of Joondalup Little Athletics and will be greatly supported by the Executive Officer who will undertake the administrative and operational duties.
- Chairs monthly meetings of the board
- Chairs special general meetings and annual general meetings
- Prepares agenda items for discussion at the meetings
- Prepares annual report to present at annual general meetings
- Reviews the Centre’s financial position and gives guidance on revenue and expenditure constraints.
- Provides support to all Committee members to assist those members in achieving the Centre’s goals and objectives.
- Authorises and operates bank account with treasurer and executive officer
- Liaises with other Centre Chairs / Presidents
- Liaises with City of Joondalup and Venues West regarding booking of HBF Arena Oval and facilities
- Provides member liaison during athlete registration activities
- Ensures preparations are complete for Centre competition days
- Promotes code of conduct and roster policies
- Represents the Centre at LAWA meetings
- Represents the Centre in public relations and in the community
Chairperson skills and requirements:
- Can communicate effectively
- Can oversee organisational activities
- Is aware of the future directions and plans of members
- Has a good working knowledge of the rules of the Centre and the duties of all board members
- Is a supportive leader for all members.
- Has a good understanding of the athletic competition requirements at local, regional and higher levels.
- Is unbiased and impartial on all issues
- Is receptive to change
- Is a dedicated JLAC person
Or, if you are interested in becoming a general board member, please consider this position:
General Member Duties:
- Attends & contributes to monthly board meetings
- Participates in discussion and decision making of the board
- Plays an active role in the committee and takes on additional allocated tasks
- Helps out with registration promotion and activities
- Assists in the preparation and execution of special event days such as Multi's, Championship Days and Zones
- Assists with fundraising projects
Winter Cross Country and Road Walking
For more more information on cross country please see Winter Information.